Fellow Court Union Members,
As you may know, for the past three years, we have all met the challenge of having to work harder with less and less resources, and we have all demonstrated OUR dedication and commitment to keeping the Courts functioning well. Instead of being met with appreciation for our efforts, the State is attempting to force us to accept major contractual givebacks. In response, several unions lobbied hard to reach members of CSEA (mostly upstate union members) to vote down their contract; however, the vastness of New York State hindered our efforts in the short time period. Our resolve strengthened and we rallied once again to unite the downstate unions. We were successful in persuading the members of the Suffolk county union, SCCEA, to vote down the State’s proposal, and the contract was defeated by a proportion of 6 to 1.
Now, nearly every major remaining Court union is in agreement that the proposed givebacks are unacceptable.
While the below Court Unions have individual issues which will be negotiated separately,
WE HAVE COME TOGETHER IN SOLIDARITY TO OPPOSE THE FOLLOWING DEMANDS PUT FORTH BY OCA:
1. We oppose any diminishment of our current pay plan that includes elimination of our two longevity pay lines on the salary schedule and our judicial longevity bonus.
2. We oppose the health insurance increases while our lawsuit is pending.
3. We oppose a payroll lag of two days per year.
4. We oppose a delay in a percentage pay raise from April 1, 2014 to October 1, 2014.
5. We oppose changes in layoff procedures to the proposed workforce reduction language and agree that it should be applicable to all non politically appointed employees.
6. We oppose a zero increase in location pay and are seeking parity with other State employees like Troopers and Nurses.
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT AND YOUR PATIENCE DURING THIS PROCESS. This will be a difficult contract negotiation, but we will work together to provide you with a contract that YOU DESERVE.
SUPPORT US IN OUR FIGHT TO PRESERVE THESE CORE CONTRACTUAL ISSUES!
NYS Court Officers Assoc. * C.O.B.A.N.C. * Assoc. of Supreme Court Reporters * C.W.A., AFL-CIO, Local 1180 * NYS Court Clerks Assoc. * Citywide Assoc. of Court Attorneys * NYS Supreme Court Officers Assoc. * 9th J.D. Court Employees * Court Attorneys Assoc. of the City of New York